Wednesday 9 February 2011

Statement

The images featured here are a culmination of the work that I have produced while on foundation, primarily taken from two research projects entitled Temporary City and Collection, both of which have aided me in developing my skills as a practitioner. I am very interested in the impact that colour has within my work and is something that has been a key component of my development. I enjoy exploring a variety of avenues with my research in order to develop and craft the most suitable and aesthetically interesting outcome possible.

The prospect of being taught by active textile practitioners is very exciting for me as I believe that, due to their involvement within the industry, the knowledge and experience that they possess will be fantastic for my own development as a creative. Another aspect of the course that I believe will be very useful for me is the collaborative opportunities that the course provides. I thoroughly enjoy working with other people now and it has already played a large role in my work, so I look forward to continuing this at degree level, especially in an interdisciplinary fashion.

I am extremely passionate about my work within textiles to date and look forward to continuing this at an even higher standard at degree level, where I believe the flexible approach to textiles will be highly beneficial to me as I continue to develop my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment